Last weekend was pumpkin carving weekend in the Kocher/DiLiberto household.
Someone got a little more than he bargained for with his snot rockets.
Hands down, the best part of carving pumpkins is roasting the pumpkins seeds.
Once roasted, the seeds mysteriously disappeared during an episode of the Wonder Years on Netflix. It must have been Buck.
That's a guilty face if I ever saw one.
Although, it might have been this guy
Although, that might be considered cannibalism.
This year's jack-o-lantern dons an expression that Brandon and I lovingly call "the Lessman". Otherwise known as the inebriated, raised eyebrow, "let me tell you how it is..." look while struggling to keep both eyes open at the same time.
I'd be a cannibal too, if I had pumpkin seeds for organs.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
what you'll need:
- pumpkin seeds (as many as you get out of your jack-o)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- preheat oven to 400 deg(F)
- wash and season pumpkin seeds with salt, pepper, garlic and onion
- spray cookie sheet with oil or cooking spray
- roast seeds for 12-15 minutes