Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I am


It's not a secret that I've been struggling to find my balance between being a yogi and being a runner. I purposely left the title of this post open ended so I don't have to call myself one or the other. I'm neither and I'm both, all at the same time.

Hmm, did I get too philosophical on you there? Sorry, I've been studying the Bhagavad Gita and the Upanishads all weekend. It had me thinking a lot about not being attached to results. Just be here.

Now.


Jess wrote a great post last week about how you're still a runner, even if you don't run marathons. That's a thought I can 100% get behind. Running is taking a backseat in my life, and that's okay. It doesn't make me any less of a runner. Even though it's still a huge part of me and I will take the opportunities to get out for a run when I can, running is not a priority for me right now. 

That's why I'm not going to commit to running any of the races on my 2012 wishlist.

That doesn't mean I won't run any races, I'm just not adding training for a long race to my already overloaded schedule. I don't want to add the stress of feeling like I have to get out there and run. While I may decide at the last minute to participate in a shorter distance, I'm not going to plan for it. Getting out for a run just isn't always an option, but I'll take what I can get when I can get it.

So runners, please don't abandon me because I'm not posting my marathon training updates like everyone else is. My inner runner is still in there, it's just a few layers beneath the yogi, the lacrosse coach, the fiance, and the engineer.

This is why I'm not just a runner. I just am.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...