Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tips for Lunch Break Workouts

Run at lunch. Seriously, do it. You'll thank me later.

Or, maybe don't run...

Maybe practice yoga

Or do a body weight circuit

Or a crossfit workout

Or walk around the parking lot

...just get moving!! I find that my lunch break time is best utilized when I'm moving and not sitting in front of my computer.

Yesterday at 11:59 I decided I wanted to run at lunch and it turned out to be a great idea. Exercising at lunch always allows me to get all my jitters out so I can focus through the rest of the afternoon. I can usually get in between 3 and 5 miles comfortably at lunch, without feeling rushed.

I even recorded a video of myself. Just for S's and G's. 


I keep a big bag full of different types of workout clothes in my car for any occasion that I embark on unplanned exercise at lunchtime. I do have a shower at work, but I rarely use it because I don't want to deal with wet hair at work. That, and it takes a while to shower, which takes away from workout time.

Becca's Tips for Exercising on Your Lunch Break:
Plan a short workout that won't leave you exhausted
Find a space that you feel comfortable in and won't be interrupted by coworkers
Keep workout clothes, shoes and deodorant in your car
Be flexible (a.k.a. the weather doesn't always cooperate)
Reward yourself (preferably with Girl Scout Cookies)
Have fun! It should be a no-pressure workout and you should be proud that you got away from your computer to move
and don't forget: bring a change of underwear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...