Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wineday Wednesday: Rombauer Chardonnay


Alright, I know I've got several post series going right now but today, I am officially making "Fun Things Fridays" obsolete and replacing them with Wineday Wednesdays! I read one of Scott's (awesome, might I add)  posts the other day that not only inspired me to seriously ponder life in general, but it reminded me to




So, in that spirit Brandon and I are going to try at least one new bottle of wine per week to review for my awesome readers! This will hopefully help me to expand my vino palate a bit (I tend to stick to South American red wines) which has been an ongoing goal of mine. In fact, at the end of February, Brandon and I are going to attend a wine tasting class, so maybe I'll be able to actually give you a useful review! Please give me your thoughts on this new series and any wine suggestions are very much appreciated!!!



Rombauer Chardonnay
$30

First, my go-to wine is a red wine and certainly doesn't cost $30!! This was a holiday gift from Brandon's cousin who is a bartender and had lots and lots of good things to say about this wine. I have had the Rombauer Zinfindel before (our New Years Eve treat) and it was absolutely glorious! So I had high hopes for this particular vino.

It was a pretty delicious white wine, but a little too sweet for my taste. I'm generally not a fan of chardonnay, but we were certainly able to put away the whole bottle (no surprise there). My first thought was that it smelled kind of flowery, which put me on the defensive for a sweet taste. It is a bit sweet, but not so much that I couldn't drink it.

Overall, it's not something I'd buy for myself but I would definitely buy it for my mommy...she loves white wine. Rombauer makes some excellent wine, so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.



DISCLAIMER/DISCLOSURE: I am, in no way, a wine connoisseur and have had no professional experience with wine tasting or reviewing. My opinions are my own and I am not compensated in any way for them.

Peace, Love & Bagels,
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...