Wednesday, May 18, 2011

You just ran a marathon...what are you gonna do now?!?!

today's mantra: {let it go}

The last two days have been somewhat of an emotional struggle for me.

I feel like I just came home from a big trip and suddenly it's "back to the real world". Brandon and I have had many conversations about keeping up our running at about half marathon mileage and continuing to race through the summer.

Last time I did this, I immediately had to take the next couple of months away from running because I injured myself. That is the last thing I want to do this time around. I may be premature in talking about this, but I'm sensitive to it because of my last marathon experience; the outside of my foot has been hurting since Monday. A lot. Like, hurts to walk on hurt. Needless to say, I've been semi-freaking out. C'mon body, I've got big plans!


I'm hoping and praying that it's just a bruise on my bone and not a stress fracture. I'm icing and resting and ibuprofen-ing. I'll know better in the next couple of days, but in the meantime this pain is getting in the way of my life. I want to keep running!


Maybe I'm freaking out for no reason. Maybe I'm just being too hard on myself. I mean, it's only been three days since the marathon!

Okay Becca, time to remind yourself of your mantra for the day...

Worst case scenario; it is a stress fracture and I can't run for a few months. Well, I can still ride my bike (um, and I should be riding my bike, considering I'm doing a 150-mile ride in August) I can still swim, I can still practice yoga. There are worse things in life than a stress fracture. 

Sorry for the stream-of-consciousness freak out, guys. Sometimes I just need to put it all out there.

In reality, I am truly blessed :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...