Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I Love You A Latte



I'm not usually a big latte drinker. Starbucks is probably my least favorite place.

In fact, most of you would scoff at my coffee drinking habits....I drink decaf. There, I said it.

Still, I couldn't help but notice all of the pumpkin spice latte hashtags that have been popping up in the Twitterverse. "It's not fall until I have a #pumpkinspicelatte"

Yep, I'm looking at you. You know who you are.

I'm not going to jump on the Starbucks bandwagon anytime soon, but I can g
et behind making my own pumpkin spice lattes! The other day, Mama Pea inspired me to do just that.




Pumpkin Spice Latte
Serves 2

ingredients:
  • 2 cups-o-joe
  • ½ cup milk of your choice
  • 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or a mix of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice)
  • 1 tsp vanilla

directions:
  1. prepare your coffee however you wish. I use decaf french roast made in a french press.
  2. put the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds
  3. fill two coffee mugs, each about ¾ full with coffee, then add about half of the milk mixture into each cup. enjoy the taste of fall!
The flavor of the latte is all based on what you add to the milk before blending it. You could try:

  • Mexican Hot Chocolate: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp cayenne, 1 tbsp cocoa powder
  • Peppermint Pattie: 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp peppermint extract
  • Fallatte: 2 tbsp mashed sweet potato, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...