Tuesday, November 29, 2011

this one's for my gluten free homies

So, I need a vacation from my holiday vacation.

I had the busiest Thanksgiving weekend ever. Between dragging my whiny kids (and by kids, I mean dogs) to Pittsburgh and back on Thursday/Friday, a wedding on Saturday and a Straight No Chaser concert on Sunday (btw...AWESOME) I am wiped out.

Today's recipe might be a bit of a cop out, but it's a great quick one for a day that you don't have a ton of time on your hands.

Perhaps because you are holiday shopping.

Or raking the yard.

Or drinking far too much Christmas Ale.

GF Almond Parmesan Pasta
Adapted from Easy Peasy Organic
Serves 4

ingredients:
  • 1 package brown rice pasta
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 4 handfuls of grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp dried rosemary
  • 3 handfuls crushed almonds
  • 1 pinch salt



directions:
  1. swirl the egg yolks in the bottom of a large bowl and add the cooked and drained (and still hot) pasta to the bowl.
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Serve immediately.
p.s. I had every intention of posting pictures with this post, but apparently changing my camera settings so that it records RAW instead of JPEG pictures makes it impossible for any of my computers to recognize the files.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...