Friday, December 2, 2011

How to Decaf Caffeinated Tea


I drink decaf. 

For those of you that don't already know that, it might come as a shock. Caffeine's just not my style. I do love tea though. I love coffee too, but a warm cup of tea with honey is just the most comforting thing I can think of. Snuggled up around the holidays with a cup of tea and a book in front of a fireplace?

Too bad we don't have a fireplace.

I ran into a problem at work yesterday with my tea, though. No decaf! There was a whole stash of awesome looking regular teas, but nothing without caffeine!

Now, I don't remember where I heard how to take most of the caffeine out of your tea, but I remember it being a brilliant idea. You have to keep in mind though, it doesn't make the tea 100% caffeine free, so if you are very sensitive to caffeine, just stick to herbal or fruit infused teas.

method:

  • put your teabag or loose tea in a cup (or bowl - that's what I used)
  • pour hot water over the teabag/leaves so it is just covered


  • let sit for a minute
  • remove the teabag or strain the leaves
  • make a normal cup of tea using the same teabag/leaves and enjoy a less caffeinated warm beverage

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...