Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Making the Dress, part 2



I took a blogging hiatus for the last week or so, because I was traveling for the holidays. Christmas isn't quite over for me just yet, but for now I'm sitting on my couch enjoying the best Chanukah present ever: the 8-DVD Harry Potter box set.

Hell yeah.

Aside from watching Harry Potter, I managed to put more work into my wedding dress today, so here's the update.

Cutting = done sauce.

I started sewing, beginning with the bodice. I got through sewing the lining onto the silk and realized that I had two right boobs and no left ones.

Fail.

SO I took all the stitching out to start one of the sides over again. It definitely could have been worse. I now have one right boob and one left and I will not be having any kind of wardrobe malfunction at my wedding.

Sewn bodice = done sauce.

Well, almost. It's still in two pieces, but that picture will give you an idea of what it will look like. It's actually coming along!!

Alright folks...Harry Potter is calling my name. Harry's about to find the sword of Gryffindor in a frozen lake.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...