Friday, May 27, 2011

The Friday Five

My five things today is going to start with some Mraz-spiration and end with my favorite song of all time...

{photocred: lyricsbird.com}
I draw a lot of inspiration in Jason Mraz's blog. The other day he wrote about beginners. It reminded me of a quote from Dan Millman's The Way of the Peaceful Warrior:

Every infant lives in a bright Garden where everything is sensed directly, without the veils of thought - free of beliefs, interpretation, and judgements. You 'fell' from grace when you began thinking, about - when you became a namer and a knower...The birth of the mind is the death of the senses. -Soc
{photocred: http://t2.gstatic.com}

Aside from their 14-2 loss the other afternoon, the Tribe is still at the top of their division with the most wins in the American League. I went to their game last Saturday (win! vs. the Reds) where they were supposed to be giving away Choo jerseys...they underestimated the number of fans that were going to show up for that game though, because the stadium was sold out. By the time we got there, we got vouchers saying "log online in the next 5 days to register to receive your jersey withing 12 weeks" (and hop on one foot while rubbing your tummy and patting your head...) Cleveland Chick wrote a post about it that, I think, reflects Cleveland's general attitude toward the Tribe right now.


I don't read much poetry, but I love the beautiful pictures and haiku's on Yogic Muse. This one, in particular, is full of vibrant LIFE! 

{photocred: partnershipforhumanservices.org}

I seriously need to start budgeting. Emily sent me a great blank budget template to get started.

Ok and the moment I know you've all been waiting for, my favorite song of ALL TIME:


Africa, by Toto.

Don't laugh...just love me. 

:)

happy MDW,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...