Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Raw Corn Chowder


...or maybe the chowder would be more aptly named "Avocado Chowder" as Alex noted last night.

Brandon had an awesome gig last night! He helped out with percussion for The Luckey Ones, a band made up of some friends he knows from high school. They are a an incredibly talented bluegrass band. Absolutely check them out:


The gig was on the rooftop of a warehouse that overlooked downtown CLE. Talk about a view!

Soooo...raw food cleanse day two! Today has been tougher for me, I had a good breakfast but I have been hungry just about every hour! Thankfully I have a bunch of nuts, sprouts and other snacks.

What I ate today:

BREAKFAST homemade raw granola (that's another recipe I'll post soon) with strawberries and almond milk. Oh yeah, and HOMEBREWED KOMBUCHA!

LUNCH leftover raw corn chowder
(don't mind my messy engineer desk!)

DINNER tomato, avocado and corn salad with cashew cheese dressing
(yes, that's the jake in the background)

SNACKS sprouts, a peach, walnuts, cashews, dried apricots, almonds

We went to the tribe game tonight and had a glass (glasses?) of wine. I have found that I am the least hungry when I drink wine. Probably because wine has no fiber in it and isn't rushing right through me. I haven't had any good poops yet though, which I'm highly disappointed about...

...but don't worry, you'll hear about it when a good one happens!

On that note: recipe!

raw corn chowder
serves 2 (or 4 as a side dish) | prep time: 10 minutes | cook time: 0 minutes

INGREDIENTS

  • 4 cups fresh corn kernels (approximately 4 large ears)
  • 2 cups almond milk
  • 1 avocado, cut in chunks
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 2 teaspoons finely minced onion
  • ½ teaspoon sea salt
  • Corn kernels
  • Sunflower sprouts

DIRECTIONS




In a blender, combine the corn, almond milk, avocado, cumin, minced onion and salt. Blend well. Pour the soup into serving bowls and garnish with a handful of corn kernels and some sunflower sprouts. Serves 4.

Have you ever eaten raw corn before? I didn't even know you could eat it raw...but it's delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...