Monday, November 21, 2011

Guest Post: Happiness Is...

Happy Thanksgiving Week, folks! Today I have a special treat for you! The Ohio Blogging Association usually has monthly meet-ups at various places around the CLE, but this month Alicia had the brilliant idea to do a blog swap! Sara, from Sara Finding the Time will be taking over my blog for the day to talk a bit about happiness :) enjoy!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hi! We interrupt your regularly scheduled Peace, Love & Bagels programming for a little guest posting love! I’m Sara from Sara Finding the Time and Becca’s been nice enough to let me write a guest post here as part of the Ohio Blogging Association November Blog Swap. 

Here’s a quick introduction to me and Finding the Time.  I’m a twenty-something girl living in Cleveland suburbia with her handsome husband, Chris, and adorable Beagle mix, Henry (yes, I am biased.  What of it?). J  When I’m not busy working, volunteering or fostering dogs, I like to attempt DIY projects, try new restaurants and travel.  Finding the Time is my outlet to document these little things that make life so great!
When trying to come up with something to talk about in this post, I have to admit that I struggled.  I’ve been reading Peace, Love and Bagels since I met Becca at an OBA Meet-up 2 months ago.  I’m totally impressed with her dedication to healthy living.  I struggle to eat healthy and have never been a runner.  So, what to write about…

Well it seems to me that when it comes down to it, Peace, Love and Bagel’s is about finding what makes you happy.  Now, that I can relate to!  I think that Finding the Time has helped me realize that I am the happiest now that I have ever been.  Don’t get me wrong, life isn’t all rainbows and butterflies but it seems to me that writing about the best things in life(and even the difficult ones) help you appreciate them more. 
So, that was my inspiration.  A post about what happiness is to me.  Hopefully, these are some of the things that exemplify happiness for you too!

Happiness is… Hometown Pride

I grew up in Parma Hts., a suburb of Cleveland but I knew nothing of being a Clevelander.  It wasn’t until I came home from college that I started to embrace what it meant to live in CLE.  This is a great city!  There is always something to do and someplace to eat.  We have 3 professional sport teams that may not win all most much of the time but being a fan is part of being a Clevelander.  We have unique neighborhoods that each provide a different experience for both their residents and visitors.  So get out there, dear reader, try a restaurant, go to an exhibit or a play and experience what this incredible city has to offer!

Happiness is… getting involved!
After the busyness of college (classes, working and theatre), I spent some time reveling in doing absolutely nothing.  However, that revelry only lasted so long.  I cannot tell you how fulfilled I feel when I get involved.  I stay active, meet new people and learn new things.  What could be better?  Personally I  love getting together with the incredible people of the OBA, volunteer  for Near West Theatre, helping to plan Jump Back Ball for Playhouse Square’s Partners and fostering for Secondhand Mutts (the dog rescue in Tremont where we got Henry).  Find something you enjoy and GET INVOLVED!

Happiness is… Puppy Love
I had never had a pet before Henry.  I didn’t understand the connection one could have with a pet.  Oh, how things change.  I love my dog more every day.  His love comes with no expectations, no judgment and no talking back. J  It might seem silly to those who don’t have a pet, but my relationship with my dog has changed my world view.

Happiness is… getting your hands dirty
My husband and I own our home.  It is both a blessing and a curse and I would not have it any other way.  Every project we complete makes our house feel a little more like a home.  There is just something indescribable about knowing that we planted the tree that’s growing in our front yard and that Chris built the mantle where we’ll hang our stockings this Christmas.  Buying things or having them done for you might get things done but doing them yourself is much more rewarding.

Happiness is…simplicity
Life is complicated.  In this day and age, the world seems to believe that bigger is better.  However, sometimes it’s the simplest things that can bring you the most happiness.  The title of this post, “Happiness is…” came from a song from the musical You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown.  At the end of the show, the characters sing about the little things that make them happy. I hope this post has made you think about those little things in your life and remember that “happiness is anyone and anything at all, that’s loved by you.”


So, what's your happiness?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...