Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Avocadeggs


I hope you all know by now that one of my favorite foods of all time is the avocado. To be perfectly honest, I could probably live on nothing but avocados for the rest of my life if I had to. 

I saw the idea for this breakfast early last week on Pinterest, made it for breakfast on Saturday...then made it again for breakfast on Sunday. If I could manage to get myself to wake up a little bit earlier during the week, I'd probably make it every day of the week. It's that good.


I guess you could call me an avocado monster. I should be living in a warmer climate. If I did, I'd work on an avocado farm. 

So, if you're an avo-monster like me, you have to try this breakfast. I expect a full report on my desk next Monday. 

Avocadeggs

by Peace, Love & Bagels
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
Keywords: pan-fry breakfast vegetarian avocado summer all seasons

Ingredients (serves 2)
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 2 eggs
  • salt + pepper
  • garlic powder
  • paprika flakes
  • chopped basil
Instructions
Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
Slice the avocado in half again, making the cut parallel to your first cut...not as if you're going to quarter it. The hole left by the pit should go all the way through your slice of avo. If it doesn't use a knife or a small cookie cutter to cut a hole out of the center of the avocado.
In an oiled skillet over medium-low heat, place the avocados onto the skillet and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Crack an egg into the middle of each avocado, Sprinkle with paprika flakes and chopped basil. Cover the skillet and cook until the egg whites are opaque.
Enjoy with your favorite hot sauce.
Powered by Recipage
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...