Monday, February 7, 2011

Marathon Monday: Training Week #5





Last week, the weather threw a curveball at us; lots of snow followed by an entire day of ICE!


Needless to say, Brandon and I made the smart decision to spend Tuesday and Wednesday inside resting so we could get back to running on Thursday. 

Our run on Thursday was awesome. I don't know if it was the two days of rest beforehand or the fact that we were running on snowless streets rather than snowy sidewalks. Probably a little of both. It was a tempo run that we absolutely killed. Now, I know most of my running friends run faster than 10 minute miles, but our goal pace for tempo runs is a 10:15/mile.

We did five solid miles averaging about a 9:35/mile pace on Thursday! With the first a slow warm-up, here were our splits:


I think I'm still in shock!

For those of you who were in Northeast Ohio this weekend, you know it snowed all day on Saturday. Our 10-miler started out really nicely, with no snow on the roads. About halfway through we were getting pelted in the face with little ice-balls and the roads were getting slick. Finishing that run felt awesome! We followed it up by sharing a (saved from Christmas) Great Lakes Christmas Ale!

This week, it's just going to be cold. All week. I can hope the the roads will be clear, but those hopes will likely be dashed by the Cleveland Weather Gods. I'm looking forward to an easy weekday runs (except for our 800s) and an easy weekend run.

In other news, I'm up to 25 push-ups in a row! I've started the path of strength training, sans gym and I am absolutely loving it. 

Oh, and for the record, I did my push-ups routine in the fireproof room in my office last Friday after work. We really need an office workout room. 

Peace, Love & Bagels,



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...