Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wineday Wednesday: Root:1 Carmenere

Confession: I have been wanting to try this wine for a while now, but I only bought this wine because it was on sale.

Root:1
2008 Carmenere
Casablanca Valley, Chile


I loved the "easy" feeling of this wine. At first it was sweet and after a second or two, you'd get hit with it's bold, spicy flavors. It was pretty glorious. I think I'm biased towards South American red wines though, so take all of this with a grain of salt. This bottle was very similar to a Zinfindel, with a little less "zing". Directly from the Root:1 website:


"Tasting Notes: Deep red in color with gentle and silky tannins and rich flavors of ripe plum, blackberry, vanilla and spice."



According to the internet, this bottle is about $10, but whenever I see it in the grocery stores, it's closer to $15 or $18. When I bought it, it was on sale for $12.49 or something like that (wow, writing this is making me feel like a cheapskate) so I finally gave it a chance.

Oh, and I have some really good news! Tomorrow, Brandon and I are going to a wine tasting class...so maybe I'll be able to actually give you some useful information, rather than just "mmm, I like red wine" ;)



Have you tried any new wines lately?


Peace, Love & Bagels,
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...