Thursday, June 30, 2011

this month i...

(1) 
Discovered some incredible land to let loose and ride my bike

I had some time to myself this month and one day I went east on Shaker Blvd as far as it could take me. I have never realized that, not 10 miles from my house, there is so much incredibly beautiful land! As I was riding along Shaker, I hit a hill that went down forever and about halfway down, as I was thinking how nice it was to cruise downhill, I realized "damn, I have to ride back UP this hill."

(2)
Fell in love with wine again (largely thanks to groupon and living social)

I had been on the track of drinking a lot of beer lately. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE beer. So, we went on an incredible bike and wine tour of the Conneaut Creek Wineries earlier in the month, thank you living social. Then, we bought $75+ dollars worth of wine with a groupon deal as well. That makes for lots of good wine. I'm generally a dry red wine drinker, but there's something about a cool glass of white wine on a hot day... 

(3)
Decided to become a yoga teacher

I have been thinking about this for a while, but it's been singing to my soul much more loudly in recent days. I am going to start by going to different yoga studios in the area and immerse myself in different types of yoga. I have a pretty good idea of the types of yoga that truly sing to me, but I want to hear/see/feel/taste/touch it all before I make any decisions. I am going to start a post series of my "research" experiences at all the studios I visit. 

(4) 
Made a commitment to start a grocery budget

I've got some good ideas on how to start, which you'll be hearing about very soon. I just have to actually go food shopping to try them out. Going through my expenses and making the commitment to budget was the first step though. I know it's possible to eat like kings and queens on a dime, and we're going to make it happen. 

(5) 
Celebrated my 1 year anniversary with Brandon!

If you haven't read about how we met, <--- check it out. It's hard to believe that happened over a year ago. Our first "play date" was on the fourth of July last year, we went to the pool! A lot has happened since the Dave Matthews Band concert last year and our pool play date and I'm looking forward to making more new memories and having new experiences in the coming year and for many, many more after that. Brandon, I absolutely love you...and I'm pretty sure I was the one who wooed you with my hippie dance.

Tomorrow is July already! What did you do in June? Anything fun planned for July?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...